Mix your own fake blood & create convincing wounds with special effects makeup.
Our crew have been slipping and sliding on faux blood and loose limbs since the days of Braindead (1992). Learn to create convincing wounds with silicone gels, special effects makeup, and movie blood.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to create a gruesome wound and use prosthetic effects to apply it to your arm? Learn the art of crafting convincing special effects by mixing blood and sculpting your own scars and scrapes at our Intro to SFX workshop.
What To Expect
Begin your journey as a special fx makeup artist: In this introductory workshop, you will learn how to make fake blood, apply a custom fake wound to yourself using silicon and paint it to look like the real thing.
Craft in small groups: Allowing for one-on-one time with our crew. No creative experience is necessary. Just bring yourself and your enthusiasm.
Gain hands-on tips and techniques from our crew.
Where To Go
Check-in at our Group Tours Space.
Please allow enough time to find a carpark, as spaces are limited.
Note: This option does not include transport.
- Please notify us if you have sensitive skin or known allergies. For more on the products we use, contact us at [email protected]
- Our tours & workshops frequently sell out, particularly during peak season (Oct-Apr). We strongly recommend booking online in advance.
- There is no luggage storage in the Wētā Cave or within our tour spaces.
- For groups of 20 people or more, please check out our Events & Group Tours.
- Wētā Workshop Tours is proud to hold a Silver Award from Be Accessible.
- For our cancellation policy and terms and conditions please see here.