We respect your right to privacy and your right to view and update your personal information which we hold about you. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our site or contact us in any way.
Collecting your personal information
We collect and use personal information about you in order to be able to complete your order. Personal information includes any information that could be used to identify you as an individual (Personal Identifying Information). We will only collect and use the information that you explicitly provide to us. The Personal Identifying Information that we may specifically request from you will be limited to: your credit card information, your birth date, your name, your physical address, your contact address, your billing address, your contact number(s) and/or your email address.
Storing and processing your personal information
The personal information you provide to us will only be stored for the purpose stated to you at the time it is collected. Your personal information may be processed by a third-party. We use third-parties to host our website, to process payment, to fulfil orders and to conduct marketing information. Your personal information will only be disclosed to a third party with your explicit consent, and only to the extent necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it has been collected. See the section below for a full list of third-parties that may process your data using the consent that you provide to us.
When you set up your profile, you can choose to store your personal information on the Site in a secure server. This is so you can view and update it as necessary. Your personal information is only able to be accessed by entering your username and password.
We use an encrypted token to access your credit card details via a secure third-party payment gateway.
You can also purchase without storing your details, in which case we hold your details until your order is completed and your payment is confirmed. After your order is complete, these details are deleted from the system.
The following types of third-parties are used to store and/or process your personal data:
- Customer Service Enquiry System Providers
- Email Marketing Platforms
- Booking Systems
- Warehouse Facilities
- Payment Gateways
Changing your personal information
You have the right to view and change any personal information we hold about you at any time.
You can do this on the Site by entering your username and password and going to the My Weta section and logging in with your username and password.
Alternatively, you may contact us at [email protected]
You also have the right to request any personal information stored about you and to have any personal information stored about you deleted (your right to erasure).
You may do this by completing a Subject Access Request form (SAR). To do this, please contact our data representative at [email protected]
We will not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party unless:
- We need to do so to provide you with the content, service or features you have requested;
- We are completing financial transactions with our bank;
- We need to do so to protect the rights or property of Weta Limited;
- We are required to do so by law.
Collecting site usage information
We monitor site usage by analysing aggregated user information. This helps us improve the Site to give you the information, services and features you want. This information is aggregated and does not identify you individually.
We do monitor the number of successful logins on each subscriber user name. This allows us to identify potential abuse or unauthorised use of the Site.
Weta uses "cookies" to improve your use of Weta services.
We use temporary (per-session) cookies, for the following purposes:
- To "remember" that a Weta account member has logged in. This means that you don't have to enter your username and password more than once per visit.
- To help us keep track of items you have added to your shopping cart for purchase, so we can process your order.
Please note: Our temporary cookies must be accepted in order to login and purchase a product from us. If your browser is set to notify you when you receive a cookie, you will be prompted to accept the cookie (Yes/No). Please select "Yes".
Our cookies are temporary and disappear when you close your browser.
If you have an account, we may contact you to:
- Offer you information regarding products and promotions on the site. This will be in the form of a newsletter from which you will be able to unsubscribe. We will not contact you for this purpose unless you have provided your explicit consent. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- Clarify details about your subscription or purchase decisions;
- Respond to any enquiries you make; or
- Provide any information necessary for the operation and security of our Site.
Links to other websites
Weta provides links to other websites when we consider you may be interested in the content on those sites. We do not necessarily endorse those sites or their content and we have no control over the conduct of the companies or organisations operating those sites.
Before you disclose any personal information to another site, we advise you to check its terms and conditions, including its privacy and security policies.
Weta is committed to:
- dealing quickly and appropriately with any complaint you make about your privacy;
- processing your personal data lawfully and in a fair manner; and
- ensuring that you have genuine choice and control over the data that you provide and the manner in which it is used and processed.