Learn the magic of sculpting as you bring a three-dimensional character to life with modelling tinfoil and plasticine.
Sculpting characters, creatures, and environments is at the core of what Wētā Workshop has achieved over the past three decades. Over the years, we've used all sorts of materials to create cool stuff for Directors and studios across the world. At our 'Intro to Sculpting' workshop, you'll be able to create your own movie magic right here in Wellington.
What To Expect
Creative Workshop - 60 mins
Bring a fantastical character to life: Be led through sculpting basics by Wētā Workshop crew & bring a 3D character to life!
Learn how to craft a sculpture: From household materials and modelling clay.
Take your sculpture home to finish and display!
Craft in small groups: Allowing for one-on-one time with our crew. No creative experience is necessary.
Explore the Wētā Cave retail store:
A cavern of creativity in its own right! Be greeted by giant trolls on arrival, and explore our mini-museum.
- Please notify us if you have sensitive skin or known allergies. For more on the products we use, contact us at [email protected].
- Our tours & workshops frequently sell out, particularly during peak season (Oct-Apr). We strongly recommend booking online in advance.
- Photography is strictly prohibited whilst in our tour spaces.
- There is no luggage storage in the Wētā Cave or within our tour spaces.
- Wētā Workshop Tours is proud to hold a Silver Award from Be Accessible.
For our cancellation policy and terms and conditions please see here.