Is your classroom Wellington’s Most Creative?
At Weta Workshop, our motto is “be creative and make cool stuff” – and we’ve been doing just that for over thirty years.
But we’re not the only ones who love making. Within each Wellington classroom is a hive of creativity, buzzing with ideas! We want to see what you can do.
No expensive materials or tools required. All you need are your hands, your imagination, and ordinary, everyday items.
The Challenge: Make the most creative Marble Run!
It’s simple, really. Get a marble from A to B. But where’s the fun in that?!
Your mission is to take your marble on an EPIC journey through whatever your imagination and materials can conjure. When you’ve completed your structure, set your marble in motion and film the journey!
The most creative Marble Run as voted by the judges of Wētā Workshop will win.
Be creative. Be resourceful. Reuse and recycle wherever you can. We can't wait to see what you come up with.
What’s the prize?
The winning classroom will receive:
- The distinction of being crowned Wellington’s Most Creative Classroom!
- A school visit from Sir Richard Taylor and Tania Rodger, the creative duo who co-founded and built Wētā Workshop into what it is today.
- The ultimate class trip to Wētā Workshop where you can dive into a world of creativity and movie magic.
- Watch your principal or teacher get transformed into a Middle-earth inspired character through special-effects make-up and prosthetics!
Second place will receive:
- A class ticket to our Wētā Workshop Experience.
Who can enter?
The Competition is open to all primary and secondary school classrooms, school groups, home schools and education centres located within the Greater Wellington Region.
There is no limit on the number of entries a classroom can submit.
How to enter
Step 1: Register your interest for more information and to receive tips, tricks & updates as the deadline approaches!
Step 2: Have your classroom film their mad marble runs once complete.
Not finished yet? We'd love to see your classroom's progress photos, please email to [email protected]
Step 3: Upload your marble run video to our entry form by 11:59pm 31st July 2020.