Tours. Guided Transfers. Tons of movie effects. An ideal option if you require return city transport - daily departures available.
What to expect
Guided return transfers
Journey from Wellington to Wētā Workshop in your dedicated shuttle. Your friendly driver will point out iconic landmarks along the way.
Explore props, costumes and cool stuff
From The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit to Avatar and District 9, learn about props, costumes and creatures created for your favourite films. Interact with cool stuff from our creative departments and catch an artist at work.
Enter our world of miniatures and modelmaking
Discover the filmmaking technique of miniature effects and learn how they are built for hit TV and film productions. Wander through monumental miniatures from Thunderbirds Are Go and see how we fit an entire island, cityscape, and mansion under one roof!
Explore the Wētā Cave retail store:
A cavern of creativity in its own right! Be greeted by giant trolls on arrival, explore our mini-museum.
- Our tours frequently sell out, particularly during peak season (Oct-April). We strongly recommend booking online in advance.
- Photography is strictly prohibited whilst in our tour spaces.
- There is no luggage storage in the Wētā Cave or within our tour spaces.
- For groups of 20 people or more, please check out our Events & Group Tours.
- Wētā Workshop Tours is proud to hold a Silver Award from Be Accessible.
For our cancellation policy and terms and conditions please see here.