Tours. Guided Transfers. Tons of movie effects. An ideal option if you require return city transport
Wētā Workshop Experience + Guided Transfer
Discover how imaginary worlds are brought to life during this 90 minute experience, with a guided transfer that will take you There and Back Again (please allow up to 3 hours from pick up to drop off, which also gives you ample time to explore the famous Wētā Cave).
Pick up and drop off is from Wellington i-SITE visitor centre.
What to expect
Guided return transfers
Journey from Wellington to Wētā Workshop in your dedicated shuttle. Your friendly driver will point out iconic landmarks along the way.
The Weta Workshop Experience
Explore props, costumes and cool stuff
From The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit to Avatar and District 9, learn about the making of props, costumes and creatures created for your favourite films. Interact with cool stuff from our creative departments and, if you're lucky, catch an artist at work on our tour stage.
Explore the Wētā Cave retail store:
A cavern of creativity in its own right! Be greeted by giant trolls on arrival, explore our mini-museum.
Where to go
Your guided transfers depart from 145 Wakefield Street Wellington, a short walk from the Wellington i-SITE bus stop. [See Map].
We recommend arriving at the pick-up point 15 minutes before your booked departure time.
We'll drop you back off at the same spot.
- Our tours frequently sell out, particularly during peak season (Oct-April). We strongly recommend booking online in advance.
- Photography is strictly prohibited whilst in our tour spaces.
- There is no luggage storage in the Wētā Cave or within our tour spaces.
- For groups of 20 people or more, please check out our Events & Group Tours.
- Wētā Workshop Tours is proud to hold a Silver Award from Be Accessible.
For our cancellation policy and terms and conditions please see here.