Tours. Transfers. Tons of movie effects. Combine our Weta Cave Workshop Tour and Miniature Effects Tour for the ultimate Weta Workshop experience.
What To Expect
45-minute Weta Cave Workshop Tour: From The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit to Avatar and District 9: learn about props, costumes and creatures created for your favourite films. Interact with cool stuff from our creative departments and catch an artist at work on our tour stage.
45-minute Miniature Effects Tour: Discover the filmmaking technique of miniature effects and learn how they are built for hit TV and film productions. Wander through monumental miniatures from Thunderbirds Are Go and see how we fit an entire island, cityscape and mansion under one roof!
Explore the Weta Cave retail store: A cavern of creativity in its own right! Be greeted by giant trolls on arrival, explore our mini-museum and watch a documentary on the history of Weta Workshop’s creativity.
Guided return transfers: Journey from Wellington to Weta Workshop in your dedicated shuttle. Your friendly driver will point out iconic landmarks along the way.
You might be interested in
Create your own movie-effects magic under the guidance of Weta Workshop’s experienced event technicians.
Full Experience & Dinner
Add a delicious three-course meal to your Full Experience within the gorgeous Art Deco setting of the Roxy Cinema.
Driving yourself? or happy to make your own way to the Weta Cave? Our Combo Tour is your perfect option to experience both movie effects tours.
- Our tours frequently sell out, particularly during peak season (Oct-April). We strongly recommend booking online in advance.
- Photography is strictly prohibited whilst in our tour spaces.
- There is no luggage storage in the Weta Cave or within our tour spaces.
- For groups of 20 people or more, please check out our Events & Group Tours.
- Weta Workshop Tours is proud to hold a Silver Award from Be Accessible.
For our cancellation policy and terms and conditions please see here.