Tour movie magic and taste Kiwi cuisine! Combine both of our tours with kai (lunch) at Karaka cafe. Return transport included.
Gain an epic insight into Wētā Workshop’s creativity for blockbuster films & hit television shows with an incredible behind-the-scenes experience. After working up an appetite, return to the city and taste the best of Aotearoa’s cuisine at Karaka Café on the waterfront.
What To Expect
Guided return transfers
Journey from Wellington to Wētā Workshop in your dedicated shuttle. Your friendly driver will point out iconic landmarks along the way.
Explore props, costumes and cool stuff
From The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit to Avatar and District 9: learn about the making of props, costumes and creatures created for your favourite films. Interact with cool stuff from our creative departments and, if you're lucky, catch an artist at work on our tour stage.
Explore the Wētā Cave retail store:
A cavern of creativity in its own right! Be greeted by giant trolls on arrival, explore our mini-museum.
Kai (lunch) on the waterfront: Two-course lunch with a New Zealand soft drink at Karaka Café; menu includes dishes unique to Aotearoa, New Zealand. Vegan options available!
Where To Go
Departure: The bus park opposite the Amora Hotel, 145 Wakefield Street. You'll find us just up the road from the Wellington i-SITE bus stop [See Map].
We recommend arriving at the pick-up point 15 min before your booked departure time.
Return: We'll drop you back off at the same spot.
- Our tours frequently sell out, particularly during peak season (Oct-April). We strongly recommend booking online in advance.
- Photography is strictly prohibited whilst in our tour spaces.
- There is no luggage storage in the Weta Cave or within our tour spaces.
- For groups of 20 people or more, please check out our Events & Group Tours.
- Weta Workshop Tours is proud to hold a Silver Award from Be Accessible.
For our cancellation policy and terms and conditions please see here.