No one size fits all - that's why whatever the size, shape and needs of your group, we’ve got your experience with Weta Workshop sorted, see our options below.
Film lovers, Pop Culture Connoisseurs, or just into creativity and cool stuff? No problem. Our team will work with you to make sure everyone gets an experience to remember. Offering solutions for small groups under 20, all the way to 80 and beyond.
Whether you’re a family, workmates, sport’s team or a bunch of friends looking for something a little different – we can create a unique, tailor-made experience just for you. Contact our crew and we’ll deliver a fun-filled experience that you'll never forget.
- Explore props, costumes, creatures and models from your favourite films and exhibitions.
- Learn about the practical effects techniques behind building incredible miniatures, and discover how they are used to create blockbuster movies and TV series.
- Gain insight into Wētā Workshop’s design and manufacture processes.
- Enjoy the company of your knowledgeable Wētā Workshop guide.
Hands-on Special Effects Workshops
- Learn the magic of creating special effects with the guidance of our crew.
- Gain tips and tricks of the trade as you craft your very own creations.
- Learn the art of sculpture, special effects make-up, movie blood-making or leather and chainmaille techniques.
- Our hands-on workshops can be altered to suit what time you have and the theme you're after.
Transformations & Demonstrations
- Our artists are tasked with designing and applying some of the most complex prosthetic and make-up effects in the entertainment industry.
- Witness the transformation of a member of your group into an Elf or Dwarf, through the application of prosthetics and hair by a senior special make-up effects artist.
- See the wonderful world of paint come alive before your eyes on a human canvas, as a Wētā Workshop technician demonstrates the intricacies of body painting.