Enjoy a hands-on introduction to special effects make-up, combined with a guided tour of movie magic!
No humans were harmed in the making of this workshop! With the guidance of our crew, learn how to mix your own fake blood & create convincing wounds with special effects make-up.
What To Expect
Wētā Workshop Small Group Tour (special): learn about props, costumes and creatures created for your favourite films, at our special tour space on Park Road, Miramar.
Learn how to create convincing wounds with silicon gels and special-effects make-up.
Whip up a batch of movie blood: See how we make the consistency of blood oh-so-oozy for film and TV.
Gain hands-on tips and techniques from our crew.
Craft in small groups: Each workshop is limited to small groups, allowing for one-on-one time with our crew.
- There is a 550m walk between the tour space and hands-on workshop space.
- Please notify us if you have sensitive skin or known allergies. For more on the products we use, contact us at [email protected]
- Our tours & workshops frequently sell out, particularly during peak season (Oct-Apr). We strongly recommend booking online in advance.
- Photography is strictly prohibited whilst in our tour spaces.
- There is no luggage storage in the Wētā Cave or within our tour spaces.
- For groups of 20 people or more, please check out our Events & Group Tours.
- Wētā Workshop Tours is proud to hold a Silver Award from Be Accessible
For our cancellation policy and terms and conditions please see here.