Enjoy a hands-on introduction to special effects make-up, combined with a guided tour of movie magic!
No humans were harmed in the making of this workshop! With the guidance of our crew, learn how to mix your own fake blood & create convincing wounds with special effects make-up.
What To Expect
Weta Cave Workshop Tour: journey through props, costumes & creatures from your favourite films.
Learn how to create convincing wounds with silicon gels and special-effects make-up.
Whip up a batch of movie blood: See how we make the consistency of blood oh-so-oozy for film and TV.
Gain hands-on tips and techniques from our crew.
Craft in small groups: Each workshop is limited to small groups, allowing for one-on-one time with our crew.
- There is a 550m walk between the tour space and hands-on workshop space.
- Please notify us if you have sensitive skin or known allergies. For more on the products we use, contact us at [email protected]
- Our tours & workshops frequently sell out, particularly during peak season (Oct-Apr). We strongly recommend booking online in advance.
- Photography is strictly prohibited whilst in our tour spaces.
- There is no luggage storage in the Weta Cave or within our tour spaces.
- For groups of 20 people or more, please check out our Events & Group Tours.
- Weta Workshop Tours is proud to hold a Silver Award from Be Accessible
For our cancellation policy and terms and conditions please see here.