Enjoy a hands-on introduction to leatherwork & chainmaille, combined with a guided tour of movie magic!
For over 20 years, Weta Workshop has crafted beautiful leather & chainmaille for the screen. Learn tips from our crew as your craft your own keepsake in Wellington.
What To Expect
Weta Workshop Small Group Tour (special): learn about props, costumes and creatures created for your favourite films, at our special tour space on Park Road, Miramar.
Create your own keepsake: Stamp or emboss your own pattern on genuine leather, then dye and finish your sample.
Learn how to craft a keychain: Made from unique Weta Workshop chainmaille.
Take your creation home.
Craft in small groups: Each workshop is limited to small groups of upto 10 guests, allowing for one-on-one time with our crew. No creative experience necessary. Just bring yourself and your enthusiasm!
- Please notify us if you have sensitive skin or known allergies. For more on the products we use, contact us at [email protected]
- Our tours & workshops frequently sell out, particularly during peak season (Oct-Apr). We strongly recommend booking online in advance.
- Photography is strictly prohibited whilst in our tour spaces.
- There is no luggage storage in the Weta Cave or within our tour spaces.
- Weta Workshop Tours is proud to hold a Silver Award from Be Accessible
For our cancellation policy and terms and conditions please see here.