Get a unique glimpse into the craft and creativity behind the award-winning team at Weta Workshop, on our original guided tour.
What To Expect
45-minute Weta Cave Workshop Tour: From The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit to Avatar and District 9: learn about props, costumes and creatures created for your favourite films. Interact with cool stuff from our creative departments and catch an artist at work on our tour stage.
Explore the Weta Cave retail store: A cavern of creativity in its own right! Be greeted by giant trolls on arrival, explore our mini-museum and watch a documentary on the history of Weta Workshop.
You might be interested in
Half Experience & Dinner
Add a delicious three-course dinner at CoCo Restaurant located in the Roxy Cinema's gorgeous Art Deco setting, dine among artwork and movie memorabilia.
Don't want to miss a thing? Our Combo Tour is your perfect option to experience both the original Weta Cave WorkshopTour plus our Miniature Effects Tour.
Need transport from Wellington city? Enjoy the original Weta Cave Workshop Tour including return guided transfers from Wellington city.
- Our tours frequently sell out, particularly during peak season (Oct-April). We strongly recommend booking online in advance.
- Photography is strictly prohibited whilst in our tour spaces.
- On-street parking is free, but can get busy. Please allow ample time to find a park.
- There is no luggage storage in the Weta Cave or within our tour spaces.
- For groups of 20 people or more, please check out our Events & Group Tours.
- Weta Workshop Tours is proud to hold a Silver Award from Be Accessible.
For our cancellation policy and terms and conditions please see here.