How do you film an island, mansion and city all under one roof? The answer; miniature effects. Learn how miniatures are crafted and view actual shooting stages.
“My life-long fascination with model-making and practical film effects was born of shows like Thunderbirds, so it has been terrific to have been involved in the design and manufacture of what you’ll see inside.”
You might be interested in
Don't want to miss a thing? Our Combo Tour is your perfect option to experience both the original Weta Cave WorkshopTour plus our Miniature Effects Tour.
Create your own movie-effects magic under the guidance of Weta Workshop’s experienced event technicians.
Half Experience & Dinner
Add a delicious three-course dinner at CoCo Restaurant located in the Roxy Cinema's gorgeous Art Deco setting, dine among artwork and movie memorabilia.
- Our tours frequently sell out, particularly during peak season (Oct-April). We strongly recommend booking online in advance.
- Photography is strictly prohibited whilst in our tour spaces.
- On-street parking is free, but can get busy. Please allow ample time to find a park.
- There is no luggage storage in the Weta Cave or within our tour spaces.
- For groups of 20 people or more, please check out our Events & Group Tours.
- Weta Workshop Tours is proud to hold a Silver Award from Be Accessible.
For our cancellation policy and terms and conditions please see here.