Half the tours but not half the fun! Enjoy the original Weta Cave Workshop Tour with return transport for your first glimpse of movie-making magic.
What To Expect
45-minute Weta Cave Workshop Tour: From The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit to Avatar and District 9: learn about props, costumes and creatures created for your favourite films. Interact with cool stuff from our creative departments and catch an artist at work on our tour stage.
Explore the Weta Cave retail store: A cavern of creativity in its own right! Be greeted by giant trolls on arrival, explore our mini-museum and watch a documentary on the history of Weta Workshop’s creativity.
Guided return transfers: Journey from Wellington to Weta Workshop in your dedicated shuttle. Your friendly driver will point out iconic landmarks along the way.
You might be interested in
Half Experience & Dinner
Add a delicious three-course dinner at CoCo Restaurant located in the Roxy Cinema's gorgeous Art Deco setting, dine among artwork and movie memorabilia.
Don't want to miss out? Full Experience is your perfect option to experience both of our most popular tours with guided, return transport.
Create your own movie-effects magic under the guidance of Weta Workshop’s experienced event technicians.
- Our tours frequently sell out, particularly during peak season (Oct-April). We strongly recommend booking online in advance.
- Photography is strictly prohibited whilst in our tour spaces.
- There is no luggage storage in the Weta Cave or within our tour spaces.
- For groups of 20 people or more, please check out our Events & Group Tours.
- Weta Workshop Tours is proud to hold a Silver Award from Be Accessible.
For our cancellation policy and terms and conditions please see here.