Wētā Workshop - Covid Update
We remain open under all Traffic Light levels
Following the Government guidelines for the RED traffic light level, all our experiences and tours remain open, but at operating at a reduced capacity across both our Auckland and Wellington sites. This is to ensure the safety of our staff, guests, and crew. We recommend booking in advance to guarantee your spot. All other safety measures are being taken as outlined below. We look forward to welcoming you into our tourist attractions soon.
What we are doing to help you feel safe:
- Thorough cleaning and sanitisation of visitor spaces daily. We have increased our cleaning practices, including sanitising high touch surfaces in our facilities multiple times a day.
- Our staff are fully aware of health and safety practices to ensure you a safe visit.
- We are following all Government and Ministry of Health Guidelines to ensure your safety.
- We are gathering details of all visitors and staff every day in the case that we need to assist with contact tracing.
What you can do to help us:
- For the safety of yourself and others, it will be mandatory that all guests wear a mask when onsite.
- Please keep a personal note of the transport used to reach Wētā Workshop public locations, this is in case the information is required at a later date for contact tracing purposes.
- If you are feeling unwell, please call Bookings (04-909-4035) to rearrange your tour. The tour can be re-arranged with no penalties incurred in the case of illness.
- Please maintain your own good levels of personal hygiene and health.
- If you have recently been in contact with anyone who has symptoms or may have contracted COVID-19, please do not attend the tour. Call Bookings (04-909-4035) to re-arrange.
- By attending Wētā Workshop Tours, you are accepting that you and any close contacts are free of illness or symptoms.
COVID 19 Vaccine Pass
Do I need a COVID My Vaccine Pass when visiting a Wētā Workshop experience or retail location?
No, the COVID My Vaccine Pass is currently no longer an entry requirement across all Wētā Workshop sites.
Do I need to wear a mask to visit a Wētā Workshop experience or retail location?
Yes, please. It is a mandatory requirement for guests aged 12+ to wear a mask at all times when visiting our tours, experiences and retail spaces. This helps ensure your safety along with our crew and community. If you don't wish to wear a mask we will offer you a refund and kindly ask you to leave the premises.