Wētā Workshop - Covid Update
COVID 19 Vaccine Pass
Do I need a COVID My Vaccine Pass when visiting a Wētā Workshop experience or retail location?
Yes, a COVID My Vaccine Pass is an entry requirement across all Wētā Workshop sites for guests aged 12+. This is in keeping with the New Zealand Government’s new "traffic light system" to manage COVID-19 in the community, and keep everyone safe. It also meets our legal obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015. Please don’t be offended if we ask you to show identification after scanning your COVID My Vaccine Pass as well.
Do I need to wear a mask to visit a Wētā Workshop experience or retail location?
Yes please. It is a mandatory requirement for guests aged 12+ to wear a mask at all times when visiting our tours, experiences and retail spaces. This helps ensure your safety along with our crew and community. It also meets our legal obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015. If you don't wish to wear a mask we will offer you a refund and kindly ask you to leave the premises.
Why have you made it mandatory to have a valid COVID My Vaccine Pass and wear a mask?
Our decision, regarding the COVID My Vaccine Pass and mask-wearing, gives the highest available level of protection for our crew and guests. It also meets our legal obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015. All Wētā Workshop’s employees, contractors and guests aged 12+ to our premises across New Zealand, are required to have a valid COVID My Vaccine Pass and wear a mask.
This will help to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission within our sites, workplaces, and the wider community. Please be assured we have taken a well-considered approach and will continue to provide you with the incredible service and welcome we are renowned for.
What does this mean for Wētā Workshop tours and experiences in Wellington?
When the Wellington region moves to the COVID-19 traffic light system, a valid COVID My Vaccine Pass will be required for all eligible customers and guests aged 12+ at our experiences. This includes the Wētā Workshop Tour Space, Miniature Effects Studio, 129 Private Tour Space and to enter the Wētā Cave. Guests aged 12+ will also be required to wear a mask at all times whilst you're in our Wētā Cave, and Wētā Workshop tours and experiences.
Can I cancel my booking if I don’t have a valid COVID My Vaccine Pass or choose not to wear a mask?
If you need to cancel an existing booking because you won’t be able to present a valid COVID My Vaccine Pass at a Wētā Workshop site, please refer to our cancellation policy still applies. Wellington Ts & Cs, Auckland Ts & Cs
What we are doing to help you feel safe:
- Thorough cleaning and sanitisation of visitor spaces daily. We have increased our cleaning practices, including sanitising high touch surfaces in our facilities multiple times a day.
- Our staff are fully aware of health and safety practices to ensure you a safe visit.
- We are following all Government and Ministry of Health Guidelines to ensure your safety.
- We are gathering details of all visitors and staff every day in the case that we need to assist with contact tracing.
- The COVID My Vaccine Pass requirement will also cover all Wētā Workshop Tourism Crew to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission within our sites so you’ll have comfort and peace of mind that the team hosting and interacting with you and your group will have a COVID My Vaccine Pass and have had full COVID-19 training.
What you can do to help us:
- For the safety of yourself and others, it will be mandatory that all guests wear a mask when onsite.
- We also require you to sign in on arrival on the NZ Covid Tracer App QR code on display.
- A COVID My Vaccine Pass is an entry requirement across all Wētā Workshop sites for guests aged 12+.
- Please keep a personal note of the transport used to reach Wētā Workshop, this is in case the information is required at a later date for contact tracing purposes.
- If you are feeling unwell, please call Bookings (04-909-4035) to rearrange your tour. The tour can be re-arranged with no penalties incurred in the case of illness.
- Please maintain your own good levels of personal hygiene and health.
- If you have recently been in contact with anyone who has symptoms or may have contracted COVID-19, please do not attend the tour. Call Bookings (04-909-4035) to re-arrange.
- By attending Wētā Workshop Tours, you are accepting that you and any close contacts are free of illness or symptoms.